Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Abandonment-A Real Hurt

OK...so I have the appearance of abandoning my blogging. I haven't really left. My heart has been here. I wake in the middle of the night thinking ...I need to jump up right now and write something. Yes, I think about my blog. But have I done anything? Nope. This is the same concept as abandonment that clients I work with deal with when trying to reach a place of peace. They say, "well, my parents weren't that bad. They bought me things. I didn't go without food. There was a roof over my head. I know they loved me. Yes, their parents had the appearance of caring, but were they really there? There were no messages of encouragement, no words of hope. Only silence. All the while their children were wondering...do I exist? Do they know I am here waiting to hear...waiting to know if anyone cares? Abandonment can be one of the most painful experiences a human can go through. The recovery process is slow. This sense of absence of important people who should be there and who should give verbal and physical messages of caring can only be healed in community. Having a new reality of someone walking beside you offering their presence in a real way...this is the hope that brief intensive therapy provides. It really works! Yes folks, I am back and I promise, promise, I will no longer abandon my commitment to my blog. I have missed you too. Really, I have!

No comments: